1Ph.D. student of architecture, Faculty of architecture, Islamic azad university, UAE
2Msc in architecture, faculty of architecture, Qazvin Branch, Islamic azad university, Qazvin, Iran
3Asistant professor, faculty of architecture, Qazvin Branch, Islamic azad university, Qazvin, Iran
This survey is conducted with the purpose of studying factors effective in vitality of residential complexes. This is an important subject because through recognition of the reciprocal relation between human being and environment -as far as vitality is concerned- various attitudes and approaches can be recognized and on the other hand, for the purpose of explaining the concept of vitality in the domain of architecture, we can define some physical and conceptual criteria and indicators in residential complexes which allow improvement of mental welfare and social stability. This survey is a fundamental research conducted based on inferential method, content and comparative method. Data were collected through documentary method and through conducting field study in Azadegan, Lakan and Golsar Residential Complexes of Rasht and were studied through analytical-Survey Method. Data collection tools included questionnaire and photos. The theoretical framework of this research was based on the psychology of vitality and happiness-oriented approach and puts emphasis on understanding the issue and merging it with the theory of perception which is based on final result of perception of space and also based on Gibson’s information theory in the domain of perceiving space elements and factors.
The data analysis reveals that the three indicators of vitality in residential complexes include mental, physical and service indicators that taking the standards of these three indicators and the degree of their influence and priority into account can be considered in designing alternatives.
1) Argaiel, M., 2003. happines Psychology, translated by Masoud Gohari, Esfahan University, Jihad Publication. (In Persian)
2) Averill, L. and McMahon, G., 2011. Positivist’s psychology, translated by Simin Heydargholi, Tehran, Shelak publication. (In Persian)
3) Diener E., Suh, E.M., Lucas, R.E., Smith, H.L., 1997. Subjective well-bing: Three Decades of well-being. Psychological Bulletin, vol. 125, no. 2, pp. 276-302.
4) Feyzi, Z., 2004. Fundamentals of Psychology of Feeling and Perception, Tehran, Pashotan publication. (In Persian)
5) Fordyce, M. W., 1997. Educating for happiness, Ravue Quebecoise Depsychology, vol. 2, no. 18.
6) Geyford, R., 1999. Psychology of Residential Environments, published at Architecture and Culture Journal, translated by Vahid Ghobadian, Vol. 2 and 3, Tehran. (In Persian)
7) Irvani, M. and Khoda Panahi, M., 2001. Psychology of emotions and perception, Tehran, SAMT publication. (In Persian)
8) Izank, M., 1996. Psychology of happiness, translated by Khashayar Beygi, Mehrdad Firouzbakht, Tehran, Badr Publication. (In Persian)
9) Kar, A., 2006. Positive Psychology: Science of happiness and Powers of Man translated by Hassan Sharifi, P., Najafi Zand, J., Tehran, Sokhan Publication. (In Persian)
10) Lang, J., 2009. Creation, Theory of Architecture: Role of Behavioral Science in Environment Design, translated by Alireza Einifar, Tehran, Tehran University publication. (In Persian)
11) Linley, A. and Stephan, J., 2009. Positive Psychology in Practice, translated and summarized by Borjali, A., Abdolmaleki, S., Tehran, Panjareh Publication. (In Persian)
12) McAndrew, F., Moranis, N., 2008. Environmental Psychology, translated by Gholamreza Mahmoudi, Tehran, Zarbaf Asl Publication. (In Persian)
13) Mortazavi, Sh., 2001. Psychology of Environment and its Application, Tehran, Shahid Beheshti University Publication. (In Persian)
14) Namazian, A., 2000. Psychological Needs in Relations with Artificial Environment, Soffeh Journal, vol. 30, Tehran, Shahid Beheshti university publication. (In Persian)
15) Okun, M., Stock, W., Haring, M., Witter, R., 1994, Health and subjective well-being: a meta-analysis, International Journal of Aging & Human Development, vol. 19, pp. 111-132.
16) Panahi Sahri, M., 2003. Psychology of feeling and perception (Psychology discipline), Tehran, Payam Noor University Publication. (In Persian)
17) Ryan, M., 2006. Vitality one step away, translated by Pouyeh Misaghi, Tehran, Morvarid Publication. (In Persian)
18) Sadrmousavi, M., et. al., studying the vitality in gated communities (the case study of Tabriz), Indian Journal of Fundamental and Applied Life Sciences, Vol. 5 (S2), pp. 3034-3037
19) Shahidi, S., 2010. Psychology of Happiness, Ghatreh Publication. (In Persian)
20) Veenhoven, R., 2003. Data Book of Happiness, Redial Publishing Company.
21) Zabihi, H., Habibi, F. and Rahbari Manesh, K., 2011. Study the Relationship between Satisfaction from Residential Complex and Effects of Residential Complex on Human Relations in City Identity Journal, no. 8, I.A.U. (In Persian)