1) Bernard, S. M. and Michael A. McGeehin, 2004. Municipal heat wave response plans, American Journal of Public Health,vol. 94,no 9, pp. 1520−1522.
2) Bulkeley, H. and K. Kern, 2006. Local government and the governing of climate change in Germany and the UK, Urban Studies, vol. 43, no.12, pp. 2237–2259
3) Bulkeley, H., 2010. Cities and the governing of climate change. Annual Review of Environment and Resources.vol. 35, pp. 229–253.
4) Bulkeley, H., Schroeder, K., Janda, J., Zhao, A., Armstrong, S., Chu, Y. and Ghosh, S., 2009. Cities and climate change: The role of institutions, governance and urban planning, Paper prepared for the Fifth Urban Research Symposium, Cities and Climate Change: Responding to an Urgent Agenda, 28–30 June, Marseille, France.
5) Dodman, D and Satterthwaite,D., 2009. The costs of adapting infrastructure to climate change, in M Parry, N Arnell, P Berry, D Dodman, S Fankhauser, C Hope, S Kovats, R Nicholls, D Satterthwaite, R Tiffn and T Wheeler (eds.), Assessing the Costs of Adaptation to Climate Change; A Review of the UNFCCC and Other Recent Estimates. IIED and Grantham Institute for Climate Change. pp. 73−89.
6) Farhoodi, R., Gharakhlou, M., Ghadami, M., and Panahandeh, M., 2009. A critique of the prevailing comprehensive urban planning paradigm, the need for strategic planning, In: Planning Theory, vol. 8.Online: http://plt.sagepub.com/content/8/4/335.full.pdf+html (Accessed:2013-02-05).
7) Habibi, S. M. and Hourcade, B., 2005. Atlas of Tehran Metropolis, Pardazesh va Barnamerizi-e-Shahri Publication. (In Persian)
8) Hammer, S., 2009. Capacity to act: The critical determi-nant of local energy planning and program implementation, Paper prepared for the Fifth Urban Research Symposium, Cities and Climate Change: Responding to an Urgent Agenda, 28–30 June, Marseille, France.
9) Hardoy, J., Pandiella,G. and Velásquez Barreto, L. S., 2011. Local disaster risk reduction in Latin American urban areas, Environment and Urbanization vol. 23, no. 2, October, pp. 401−413.
10) Hardoy, J. and Lankao, P. R., 2011. Latin American cities and climate change: challenges and options to mitigation and adaptation responses. Current Opinion in Environmental Sustainability vol. 3, pp.158−163.
11) Hardoy, J. and Ruete, R., 2013. Incorporating climate change adaptation into planning in Rosario, Argentina, Environment & Urbanization,vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 339–360.
12)ICLEI, 2010. Cities in a Post-2012 Climate Policy Framework: Climate Financing for City Development? Views from Local Governments, Experts and Businesses, ICLEI, Bonn, Germany,
14) Martinot, E., M., Zimmerman, M. S. and Yamashita,N., 2009. Global Status Report on Local Renewable Energy Policies, 12 June working draft, Collaborative report by REN21 Renewable Energy Policy Network, Institute for Sustainable Energy Policies (ISEP) and ICLEI Local Governments for Sustainability, http://www.ren21.net/pdf/REN21_LRE2009_Jun12.pdf
15) Madanipour, A., 2006. Urban planning and development in Tehran. Cities,vol. 23, no.6, pp. 433–438.
16) Pahl-Weber, E. and Seelig, S., 2013. Urban Challenges and Urban Design Approaches for Resource-Efficient and Climate-Sensitive Urban Design in the MENA Region, Ohlenburg H., von Bergmann,N. K. (eds.), Young Cities Research Paper Series, vol. 05, pp. 120 – 127.
17) Roberts, D., 2010. Prioritizing climate change adaptation and local level resilience in Durban, SouthAfrica, Environment and Urbanization,vol. 22, no. 2, October,pp. 397–413.
18) Roshan, R. Gh., Zanganeh Shahraki, S., Sauri, D. and Borna, R., 2010. Urban sprawl and climatic changes in Tehran, Iran J. Environment Health, Science & Engineering vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 43–52.
19) Sharma, D. and Tomar, S., 2010. Mainstreaming climate change adaptation in Indian cities. Environment and Urbanization,vol. 22,no. 2,October, pp. 452–465.
20) UNDP (United Nations Development Programme) and DoE (Departmentof Environment), 2010. Iran second national communication to UNFCCC. National Climate Change Office at the Department of Environment on behalf of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Iran. Online: http://unfccc.int/ resource/docs/natc/snc_iran.pdf (Accessed: 2012-11-30).
21) UN−Habitat, 2011. Climate change adaptation responses in urban areas,Cities and Climate Change: Global Report on Human Settlements 2011,UN−Habitat, pp. 129-162